Thursday, March 28, 2013

(Madeline) 10 things I love about you v.2

My little Madeline,

 I think it is about time for another round, because you have changed so much since the last time I did this, and there are SO MANY wonderful things about you right now. Here are the 10 things I love the most about you right now:

1. the tiny little freckles that are starting to appear on your nose. I smile every time I look at them.
2. the way your ride your scooter like you've been doing it for years. Yet you're not even 2 years old. Let me tell you, people can't help but smile when they see you riding your scooter with all your polka dots on.
3. Every time your sister has to apologize and say "sorry", you sweetly join her and say "sorry" with your little voice, even though you did absolutely nothing. Melts my heart every time.
4. You are such a funny girl already. I don't know how you do it, but you understand how to use irony and jokes, and you are starting to make your own.
5. You are so self sufficient already. You want to choose your own book, and you often tell me that you're going to "read" to me, and I should just listen :)
6. When you come to my bed and tell me "come on, maman. Come eat!". Never mind if it is 7am or 5am.
7. That you always want to sit down for tea with me, and so we share a cup.
8. When I catch you faced dipped in the sugar bowl. Oh I get mad at you, but inside I am laughing and smiling because you look so damn cute with white powder all over your face.
9. That you are so curious already. We already have little conversations, and when I explain things to you, I can tell that this little brain of yours is working very hard to put the pieces togethers.
10. That you always want to do everything like your sister, good or bad, whether you understand it or not. You want to be a big girl already, and I get it. Plus, your sister, she's pretty rad :)

Raising you, little girl, is one of the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I can't wait to see what the next few years look like. In the meantime, I'll try to enjoy every single day with you.

Love, Mama

No comments: