Monday, August 23, 2010

Time machine! Take me back to Seattle please.

I always get this odd feeling when I go back to visit a city where I used to live. A feeling of known unknown. Being away for years and feeling like you never left. Because in a way, I don't think I ever really leave a place. Regardless of how fast I seem to be moving forward from city to city and countries to country, I always end up leaving a little bit of my heart and soul behind in every city where I lived. And you know what? It's nice when I get the chance to find that little piece of heart and soul again, even if briefly :)


I really miss Seattle, and when I heard that the Jasmine Star CreativeLive workshop would be held here, it was a no brainer for me. Another reason why I really had to win that competition.





And now that I am here, I find myself going down memory lane every five minutes. Like going to the Crumpet Shop because it was the first place I ever ate at in Seattle with Jerry when we made the trip up together....and stuffed myself out with not one but two delicious scrumpelicious crumpets! Heaven I tell you. By the end of the meal I had to lick my plates about 10 times to make sure there wasn't a crumb to go to waste. And my other favorite thing about the Crumpet Shop? They have unlimited refills of earl grey tea. FINALLY a place that doesn't ignore us tea drinkers, enough of that discrimination :)


Or like hanging out my my girlfriend Monica and her two very hugging-huggable little boys.


Or having coffee at Starbucks with my friend Eric and his beautiful little family on a sunny afternoon in Greenlake.

And without trying, it all just feels quite comfortable to be back. Except for one ginormous detail: why oh why are the two loves of my life in Denmark and not with me stuffing their faces with chocolate-covered crumpets? :)


Oh, and random fact of the week: I am staying at my friend Julien's place all week, and he strangely lives in an apartment complex called "The Audrey at Belltown". How about that too to make me comfortable in town? :)

Xoxo

3 comments:

Michaela said...

If you like tea you have to visit The Tea Cup on Queen Anne! I go to Seattle Pacific University and spend 6 hours in there everyday drinking tea and doing homework (:

Laura said...

I'm so excited for you and proud! You'll be amazing and you'll ALWAYS love your job!!! :)

Monica Lynn said...

I'm so glad you were able to have this spectacular experience!! Sounds like you learned a lot and had a great time in the learning! :) It was wonderful to be able to spend Tuesday with you and have dinner last night. I really can't wait to meet Troels and your little Olivia! Safe flyin chica!