Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My business is to create...

“ my business is to create…it doesn’t matter if it’s a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks; just create something new, and there it is…it’s you, out in the world outside of you. and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it…and you know a little bit more about you, a little more than anybody else does." PS I love you

Poor poor William Blake - sorry my dear for using the chick-flick movie's adaptation of your quote, but it has felt so relevant to me these past few days.

I have been going through a creative frenzy, with ideas and projects hopping around in my little mind. From photography to sewing to knitting via a few professional projects. Frenzy yes, but I have to say, it feels gooooooooooooooood :)

Ohhhhh fabrics....it's like a drug :)

My first hat knitting in the round :) I used this pattern.

The highlight of my week was to photograph my friend Kath. Anders and her are ready to welcome their baby mid-April and I could not resist kidnapping her for some shots. I have to admit, I am just totally jealous of her beautiful pregnant belly - regardless of the fact that I just had one of my own only a few months ago!

There is just something about pregnancy that is so mysterious and so magical - thanks Kath for letting me try to capture some of that.






And meanwhile, our little Tinymus is growing and changing everyday, and I can't help to think about the next few months and years. Finding out about the things she will love and won't, watching her discover the world around her. Oh the happiness of being around a little soul that is about to bloom.

What will she want to be when she grows up? Who knows, but I sure hope to share this joy of creating with her if I can manage.

No comments: