Sunday, May 16, 2010

Slow motion

This week has been all rain here, and for some reason it always seems to put life to a slow motion for me. Lucky coincidence actually since I have been feeling extremely tired all week for some reason...timing couldn't have been more perfect.

My high energy gear backed down for a little while. I stopped answering emails for a few days. Instead, I paused to hear the drops tap on the window in our bedroom...I could lay there for hours. Or stopped to listen to my little girl's breathing while she is sound asleep. Or tucked in under blankets in the couch, with a cup of hot cocoa and warm muffins, reading a book. Can you just imagine?


My mum was in for the week, so we did a great deal of "hygge" with the grand-parents. It was just great to see her and Olivia interact, it is not so often.




I really wish my parents would see Olivia more often, she is growing so fast already. But I already feel very lucky that we live "closer" and they get to see her more often. If we still lived in the US, it would be that much harder.

I grew up so close to my family - always playing with my cousins when we were little, pilled up in the back of our grandma's little green Renault 5 as she took us all from place to place-, and I am so fond of my childhood because of all these memories. I wish that Olivia could have this too - it is only normal to want for your child the things you loved from your childhood, right?

You probably think it is funny that I have these thoughts when we just moved to Denmark, where we are close to family.... deep down tough, I know we are going to move again at some point or another. Of course she will get many more things and experience wonderful things as we move around with her, things I could have never dreamed of when I was a little girl. She's going to build a great childhood for herself, I have no doubt of it. But I will try, oh I will try as hard as I can to give her a sense of family, so she can have her "tribe". It is so important to me.



This week I also did a great deal of playing with my new toys. Yoav brought these with him on his last trip to Denmark, and I was so excited to open my bag of goodies. it felt like Christmas, right in the middle of spring...I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!


Anna Maria Horner's new book is a gem, packed with the most wonderful sewing project and I can't wait to get started on presents for Olivia, friends and family....and myself :) Readers (Troels?)- name what you'd like and I might very well surprise you with a little thing or two one of these days. I dropped by Katharina's to suprize her with a copy of the book since she is also an avid sewer, and I think she was just as excited as I am about it. Can't wait to see what she makes of it!



My new camera lens is also fab! I had been using my kit lens so far, which is great too, but now I have the possibility to bring a little variation to the pictures I take and I am digging it. But it's a bit tricky too to get the results I want. I practiced a lot this week, and a lot....and still need more practice to figure it out. But I feel it coming. I will conquer!

And yes, it is droll that you can see on Olivia's chin before - I thought the pictures wouldn't quite as "perfect" without it ;)





How I love her double-chin :D

I am slowly building my portfolio, and I decided to also revamp my photo website because I am planning on using it more and more in the next few months. Be on the lookout, I'll share the new version soon :)

And now, on to another week. Busier this time as we prepare for Asbjorn and Ditte's wedding this Saturday. Party is in the air people!


No comments: