Friday, July 25, 2008

Libertad!





Friday we spent waiting in a nice long line...mmmm I mean, going to the Statue of Liberty -which felt nothing like Freedom, let me tell you. However, right after coming back from the statue, we went through Battery Park and saw children running around in the water fountain to beat the heat.


It put such a smile on my face to see them screaming their joy out. So much happiness from one of the small things in life, so much innocence. You should have heard the laughs of this little girl running away from her mum and getting her entire dress drenched in water. I sat down there for a while, enjoying the scene and trying to capture the moment with pics. Not quite happy with the results, but never mind - I'll give it another try, now that I know where to go on sunny hot days to see the real LIBERTAD :)


No comments: