Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Learn Danish with Audrey - lesson 1

So here are some of my favorite words in Danish so far:

- fart: If you see a sign on the side of the road that says "Din fart: 49 km/h", it doesn't mean that Danish people like to have a farting competition to see who can fart the fastest :) Fart in Danish is your speed.
- slot = identically, if you see directions to "frederensborg Slot", it will not take you to the prostitute of the city, but rather to the castle. Oh and yes - there are a LOT of "Slots" in Denmark, so these signs are everywhere :)

yes, I know, a bit childish....but still, I can't help but smile when I see them - and to the Foremans: I know you too would be laughing and taking pictures of you standing by these signs, you know you love it too :)

Haaaa yes, the innocence of learning a new language again :)loving it! Ok, this was a short lesson, but come back soon for more words and funny expressions.

No comments: