Monday, November 24, 2008

The C-C-Clan

It is hard, in New York City, to get a smile from someone in the street - I mean, a genuine smile, not from someone who is hitting on you. Let's not even talk about a "hi" or a "how are you" like I was used to growing up in my small village. Unless, as I've discovered recently, you are part of the C-C-Clan. Now I hear you say "what the h$#@ is the C-C-Clan? Isn't that a little off limits for you my little Frenchie???".

The C-C-Clan. A.k.a, the Cane-Crutches-Clan. Today I went up to Gramercy, took the subway for the first time in forever. My path crossed with that of a woman with a cane, and I got the friendliest "hi" I've ever received in the streets of New York. And that kept on going as I made my way through the streets. Old people wishing me well, etc. I suddenly felt part of this very cool "VIP" club where only a few people where admitted - hehe and thank goodness for that!

Anyway, I guess walking with crutches as its perks. Well, sorta :)

No comments: