Tuesday, April 10, 2012

(Olivia) 10 things I love about you v.1



My little Olivia,

I've been meaning to do this for a while now, because you keep growing withe very glimpse of an eye. So I thought that, every now I then, I'd write you a little letter to let you know the ten things I love the most about you right now - and believe me, limiting it to 10 is the hardest thing:

1. Every night when you go to bed, you ask me to sing two songs to you: Old McDonald has a farm" and the ABC song. "I-y-a-I-y-a-O, bientot ABC" is how you ask me.
2. When someone is having a birthday, you sing loud and clear and with the biggest smile on your face: "HAPPY TOO YOOUUUUUUUU!"
3. You always remind me what I need to take with me when we go out: my shoes, my jacket, my purse, and my hat. I guess you'd already figured out that you have a rather forgetful mother :)
4. At bath time, you look at your belly button, and every time you ask with your great-grand dad (oldefar) also has a belly button. Every single night.
5. Every Saturday morning, you rush out of bed and come shake daddy out of bed to watch "konge leo" (The Lion King). And you cuddle with daddy the entire time in our little window nook. Then he takes you swimming. You always wear the biggest of smiles on Saturday mornings.
6. You start singing "Now I know my now I know" (your version of the ABC song) every time you see something written in the street.
7. You are so focused when you draw, nobody's to come between you and your crayons. And when you're done, you proudly take your drawing to me, say "Regardes maman!". Then we go and put it up in one of the frame in the art corner.
8. You ask for a story every single night, and we usually rotate between all of your favorites of the moment: Lyle Lyle Crocodile, Blueberries for Sal, Peter Pedal and Martine au Cirque.
9. In the evening, we sit in our window bench, and try to see daddy on his way back from work. We usually spot him after he crosses the bridge, your face lights up instantly and you start jumping up and down and screaming "Lille far komer!".
10. You hug. Everybody. Everything. Your dolls. Your Simba. Your rubber ducks. Madeline. Daddy and me. And you say I love you to us. All the time.

I love you to the moon and back, little girl.

Hugs,

Mama

1 comment:

Elizabeth (you know which one) said...

So cute with her own little words... 'konge leo' and 'lille far kommer' :)

Beautiful, Audrey :) I'm looking forward to some revised lists when they get a little older :)

I have to do this for Charlie, too!!!