Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So close and also so far

Soazic, Nico, Cal and I
After my little fun trip to Paris, it was off to the Tourraine region I went, with Soazic again to meet with my friends from Tucson, the Millers (I used to nanny their kids in college, and Soazic will be taking care of them all summer while they stay in France). Was so nice to see my two little balls of fire again...hehe yeah, let's just say that Cal and Nico have a lot of energy between the two of them :)

Tourraine is a region that I am ashamed to say I never visited during the whole time I lived in France. It is truly not far from where I live (2-3 hours) but I guess I never had the chance (we would rather go on vacation to places that where further away). Thank God the Millers are here to bring my cultural level up, as they often do hehe. The region is truly beautiful, and inspired many famous people, from kings and queens who built the most beautiful castle along the Loire river, to writers and painters who would settle here to find their inspiration.

During our little trip, we visited the house where Leonardo Da Vinci lived the last few years of his life, saw Alexander Calder's house (which I found the most amazing= my dream house!), and looked for Monet's but the ran out of time unfortunately. We also visited the beautiful chateau de Chenonceau.

And what else did I learn? That canoeing during storm showers isn't as bad as it would sound :D Hehehe. No need to fall in the water to get wet on this one. Will post some pics of our canoe trip as soon as Lindsay sends them to me. Oh good times ;)

Nico & I, Chateau de Chenonceau

Trying to get one of Leo's inventions to work :)
Leo's house

No comments: